Wednesday, January 6, 2010

So it Begins...

I read over the invite again.

Its the oh-so-many-th birthday party for Bilbo and Frodo. Despite the fact that they both went to the Grey Havens, we Hobbitses still throw a huge party every year (run by Samwise and his children!). Please join us in celebration!

That's all well and good...but this invite was addressed to Elrond. Not to me. Still, here I was, on the outskirts of the Shire...Elrond's replacement. And hardly a fitting one. I didn't know how to deal with Hobbits! I'd only seen them on a couple occasions, and I'd kept my distance. Legolas knew some of them very well...why couldn't he have come?

But the point is he didn't. You did. Make the best of it. I still questioned Elrond's judgment in sending me, but I had a job to do now. I looked in at the town. It was as if it were out of a storybook...bright green grass, beautiful flowers, blue skies...and houses...in the ground? Weird.

Ella has gone 1 mile since 01-06-10 and is at the Shire.

4 comments: