Monday, January 11, 2010

Going Home

I walked to Bag End. Hobbits were much friendlier than I had expected. An adorable family of them insisted I spend the night in their home. My objections that I had spent the past few months camping outdoors and did not mind it only led to further reasons I should stay with them...a chance to give me a real bed, a warm fire, a comforting atmosphere...

To be honest, the bed was tiny, and I doubt even an elven child could have been comfortable in it. But the fire was a welcome respite and it was wonderful getting to know the family in such close (SO VERY close!) quarters.

Now at my destination, I knocked on the door. Samwise and some others were to return with me to Rivendell. Elrond needed them for something. I wondered why he had not mentioned that to me before I left. I could have been the one to deliver the message. That would have given me a reason to be there, and I wouldn't have felt quite so inconsiderate for barging into a party I had not been invited to. But the past was past and everyone had been extremely welcoming. Samwise acted as though I were the very person he wanted at the party, and the others followed his lead.

Yes, I liked Hobbits very much. I would enjoy their company on the road home.

Ella has traveled 26 miles since 1/6/10 and is STILL on that pesky rolling road. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment