Thursday, January 7, 2010

Meeting friends

I clumsily weaved my way through the crowd of halflings, not used to being around such people of a great height difference. Spotting another elf, I made my way to where she stood, glancing about.
I caught my breath hastily. "Hi! I'm Marigold. I don't know much about this place..."
The other elf smiled pleasantly. "Oh, don't worry, you'll get used to it." she grinned. "My name is Ella." Proffering her slender hand, she added, "Where do you come from?"
To tell the truth, I was never very cultured (being raised alone in the woods will do that to you), so I had no idea what Ella was holding her hand out for, but she seemed to expect me to do something... so I hugged her rather quickly instead. Ella seemed a bit surprised, but hugged me back.

Marigold has traveled 14 1/2 miles since 1/4/10 and is trudging down Stock Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment